aTV2 iOS 5.3 Jailbroken PlexConnect.app (Plex App)

Not sure if anyone can help with this, but every so often my atv2 will forget the username and password and log itself out of plex.
is there a way to hardcore the login details, or to create a script to automate the login? Or to do the login remotely?
I don’t want to give the current users the password so it means me going round each time. V annoying

Thank you! was having trouble w/ this & lacking the motivation to proceed. That one-liner was a miracle!

So I did all of the steps above and got the plexConnect button to show up, but when I click it a message reading “PlexConnect is unavailable. Try again later.”

How can I fix this?

Apple-TV:~ root# apt-get -y install git; rm -R /Applications/iosjailbreak; cd /Applications; git clone git://github.com/wahlmanj/iosjailbreak.git; cd /Applications/iosjailbreak; ./installatv.bash
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree… Done
E: Couldn’t find package git
rm: cannot remove `/Applications/iosjailbreak’: No such file or directory
-sh: git: command not found
-sh: cd: /Applications/iosjailbreak: No such file or directory
-sh: ./installatv.bash: No such file or directory

Any help?

Use the proper command (2nd one):

apt-get -y install git; rm -R /Applications/atvjailbreak; cd /Applications; git clone git://github.com/wahlmanj/atvjailbreak.git; cd /Applications/atvjailbreak; ./installatv.bash

OP updated.

Hi I’m on 5.3. Followed the script and got the message: “PlexConnect installed and running!” But there is no button.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Unfortunately, can’t see to get this to work. Any ideas? Here’s my terminal output:

fireCore:/Applications root# apt-get -y install git; rm -R /Applications/atvjailbreak; cd /Applications; git clone git://github.com/wahlmanj/atvjailbreak.git; cd /Applications/atvjailbreak; ./installatv.bash
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree… Done
E: Couldn’t find package git
rm: cannot remove `/Applications/atvjailbreak’: No such file or directory
-sh: git: command not found
-sh: cd: /Applications/atvjailbreak: No such file or directory
-sh: ./installatv.bash: No such file or directory

Hello,
I appreciate you putting up these instructions. I went through all of this with no errors. Now when I chose the PlexConnect option under Internet (Jailbroken APT2), it just sits at a black screen. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this issue?