Seas0nPass for 5.2.1 beta (Mac only)

Re: Seas0nPass for 5.2.1 beta (Mac only)
NLD-JD wrote:

I updated to 5.2.1. as well.. and noticed I couldn't jailbreak anymore... I wanted to downgrade the firmware but it seems that Apple refused to sign older firmwares... until I found one!

Thanks to James... I used the seasonpass for Mac above.. selected the 5.0.2 9BB30 IPSW and tried it one more time...and yes! It worked!

Now my Apple TV 2 is running that one.. and is jailbroken again! WOOOP! Thanks to James :P

hello

Firmware 5.0.2 9BB30? is it work?

I downgraded succesfully to that version indeed :)

NLD-JD wrote:

I downgraded succesfully to that version indeed :)

ya? can you tell me how they did that?

When iTunes is opened in DFC mode, I press 'option + restore' where do I navigate to, to select the IPSW file that iTunes will upload to the Apple TV ?....

Like i said, i used the SeasOnPass at the beginning of this post.. (Mac only)
Then I used the boot theterted mode in the program. After that, I used the option create ISPW but right click on it and choose the 5.0.2 option.

Drummer_andydrum wrote:

Thanks for that farscape, how do i locate the files you mention if i navigate library/application support I cant find any SeasOnpass folder, when Im running the program I can see it creates a temp folder on the desktop then it unmounts it straight away ...

Here are the stepes I followed in detail:

1. Open a Finder window

2. Press "option" key and choose "Go" pulldown menu from Finder and you'll see the Library folder; click on it.

3. The content of the Library folder is displayed in the Finder window; select Application Support and click on it; the content of Application Support is displayed in Finder

4. Scroll down to the Seas0npass folder and click on it; then open the folder Firmware and you'll find AppleTV2,1_5.2.1_10B329a_SP_Restore.ipsw file, the patched load created by Seas0npass

5. Copy AppleTV2,1_5.2.1_10B329a_SP_Restore.ipsw on your desktop such that iTunes can "find" it

6. Proceed with the iTunes "option" + restore and choose the load you just copied on the Desktop

7. Wait and enjoy :) Don't forget there is no FC logo displayed in the Appple TV menu

Later,

NLD-JD wrote:

Like i said, i used the SeasOnPass at the beginning of this post.. (Mac only)
Then I used the boot theterted mode in the program. After that, I used the option create ISPW but right click on it and choose the 5.0.2 option.

That means you have build a signed version before and it was saved in your seasonPass folder. With the saved signed IPSW file, you can directly restore from seasonpass.

I keep getting errors: 9 and 1604... I'll keep trying.

I accidentally updated to 5.2.1 a day after they stopped signing and did a restore which force it to update to 5.2.1...

Sorry for the double post... not even sure how that happened.

piersharrison wrote:

I've followed steps in the earlier post, and the jailbreak and tethered boot complete without problems; but when I launch ATV black from my Mac, it picks up the Apple TV but tells me that it's not jailbroken, and so ATV can't be installed.

I'd welcome any suggestions.

I've tried the jailbreak/tethered boot several times from scratch, each time with the same result as above.

Thanks

Does anyone have a suggested fix for this?

© 2014 FireCore, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Terms | Privacy