ETA for 5.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak?

Re: ETA for 5.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak?
JREED wrote:

Just call local authority or get advice from your lawyer and they will give you best advice but don't forget to mentioned that after jailbreaking I am watching brand new movies, tv shows, or watching much better shows then NetFlix. My lawyer advice was when I buy a knife is not illegal but when I stabbed or kill some one then is crime. Jailbreaking device could be false in illegal criteria, after jail breaking device we are not using jailbroken device for any good legal purpose but now you and we all needs to guess what we are doing with it. Knife is very good example, knife goes in the kitchen and using it for the cooking purpose.

Imagine about trial judge ask what is the purpose of jail breaking and why and what are the best benefits? you better come up with good answer to convince the judge. At that time forum or members or other hackers won't be there to help out.

Just because you use it to watch shows and movies illegally doesn't mean everyone is.

JREED wrote:

Just call local authority or get advice from your lawyer and they will give you best advice but don't forget to mentioned that after jailbreaking I am watching brand new movies, tv shows, or watching much better shows then NetFlix. My lawyer advice was when I buy a knife is not illegal but when I stabbed or kill some one then is crime. Jailbreaking device could be false in illegal criteria, after jail breaking device we are not using jailbroken device for any good legal purpose but now you and we all needs to guess what we are doing with it. Knife is very good example, knife goes in the kitchen and using it for the cooking purpose.

Imagine about trial judge ask what is the purpose of jail breaking and why and what are the best benefits? you better come up with good answer to convince the judge. At that time forum or members or other hackers won't be there to help out.

Here is a good read that looks at both sides of the fence: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-20012109-38.html

Let's assume we side on the safe side and then JB the ATV and we install XBMC an open source free program which is installed on millions of devices that don't need to be jailbroken in the first place. Looks safe so far.

Then we "buy the knife" and install certain repositories that would enable us essentially to point the ATV to websites that may or may not contain copy righted material. At this point the burden of watching certain copy righted material would fall on the site owner to remove said protected material if the original owner of the material contacts this site and asks for the CR content to be removed. So if we use the Apple TV to look at CR material from this site with XBMC we are not breaking any specific law now are we?? Is it illegal to look at a New Movie Release playing in public at your local store selling the new DVD? They aren't really suppose to do this but it does happen!

So at this point I really don't think anyone has been wounded with our "knife"

NO end user will ever be taken to court and prosecuted for being smart enough to manipulate their wonderful little black puck to access certain material with XBMC. Nope it will never happen in a million years. Now the web sites we access may go down or the files may go away, but a private citizen will never need to worry when they answer their door bell after they just pressed pause on their aluminum remote!

So all forum members can safely remove their tin foil hats!!

Back on topic.........I for one am waiting for the un-tethered JB. Personally I would imagine we will see this in the next week or two and I am patiently waiting for it and will utilize it many times in the future and I will also sleep very soundly and comfortably at night after use.

Best Regards to FireCore!!

Cavey wrote:

Firstly you haven't answered his question to "cite the exact federal law", instead you have "supposedly visited your lawyer" (yeh right!!!) who has used the most stupid example of comparing a knife to a technology exploit! I hope to God you never have to use him in real life, because you would probably be playing "where's the soap" in the prison showers within 5 minutes of entering the court room.

Secondly I have done a 30 second Google search and the first hit was this: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2010-07/28/investigation-is-it-legal-to-jailbreak-a-uk-iphone I'm sure if I spent 10 minutes I would find many more.

Thirdly I want to jailbreak my Apple TV to watch BBC iPlayer, ITV player, 4OD, etc. At present I can only watch these via my PC or laptop, but would prefer watching them on the best screen in the house... MY TV. None of these even after jailbreaking are illegal activities. This is just an example of many legal reasons to want to jailbreak the Apple TV.

Once again you have shown that you know nothing, and ARE speaking garbage. As I said before, I highly recommend you do your research before putting your hands on the keyboard.

I don't need to research and I works in big law firm as a investigator. Where I live its already defined by law is Grey Area and rest you and everyone in this forum needs to search at their end and go from there.

You guys need to bash here rather then research its all up to you. Just research back to Satellite days and compare.

Brad1823 wrote:

Just because you use it to watch shows and movies illegally doesn't mean everyone is.

That is very honest so why are you here for?

Why are you reading about jail breaking apple tv?

clutchkargo wrote:

Here is a good read that looks at both sides of the fence: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-20012109-38.html

Let's assume we side on the safe side and then JB the ATV and we install XBMC an open source free program which is installed on millions of devices that don't need to be jailbroken in the first place. Looks safe so far.

Then we "buy the knife" and install certain repositories that would enable us essentially to point the ATV to websites that may or may not contain copy righted material. At this point the burden of watching certain copy righted material would fall on the site owner to remove said protected material if the original owner of the material contacts this site and asks for the CR content to be removed. So if we use the Apple TV to look at CR material from this site with XBMC we are not breaking any specific law now are we?? Is it illegal to look at a New Movie Release playing in public at your local store selling the new DVD? They aren't really suppose to do this but it does happen!

So at this point I really don't think anyone has been wounded with our "knife"

NO end user will ever be taken to court and prosecuted for being smart enough to manipulate their wonderful little black puck to access certain material with XBMC. Nope it will never happen in a million years. Now the web sites we access may go down or the files may go away, but a private citizen will never need to worry when they answer their door bell after they just pressed pause on their aluminum remote!

So all forum members can safely remove their tin foil hats!!

Back on topic.........I for one am waiting for the un-tethered JB. Personally I would imagine we will see this in the next week or two and I am patiently waiting for it and will utilize it many times in the future and I will also sleep very soundly and comfortably at night after use.

Best Regards to FireCore!!

Again like I said before. Old satellite days. Dishnet work sent out lititation letters to every forum's members as well as DSS hardware's customers for asking $2500 pay fine or court trial. If you bought one DSS HU Card Unlocker or Nagra 3 Card Unlooper for $50 to $75 end up paying $5000 to $7500.

Too many paid fine rather then going to court and few who went to court they end up costing $10,000 to 20,000 more.

Every members of those forums bought by their login ip and later on every domain's name owns by Dishnet work or DirecTV.

Cavey's picture
JREED wrote:

I don't need to research and I works in big law firm as a investigator. Where I live its already defined by law is Grey Area and rest you and everyone in this forum needs to search at their end and go from there.

You guys need to bash here rather then research its all up to you. Just research back to Satellite days and compare.

LMAO, your law firm is working in the dark ages if you are basing it on the satelite days... Secondly what has communication of data got to do with jailbreaking? Nothing... I would love to know the name of the law firm you work at? (If that's true, which I highly doubt). Again I have search the web and haven't found a country that makes it illegal. Here is wikipedia's link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_jailbreaking#Legal_status

What country are you from? I'll soon tell you if it's illegal or not, without any grey areas.

Cavey wrote:

LMAO, your law firm is working in the dark ages if you are basing it on the satelite days... Secondly what has communication of data got to do with jailbreaking? Nothing... I would love to know the name of the law firm you work at? (If that's true, which I highly doubt). Again I have search the web and haven't found a country that makes it illegal. Here is wikipedia's link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_jailbreaking#Legal_status

What country are you from? I'll soon tell you if it's illegal or not, without any grey areas.

Keep searching...

Good luck.

JREED wrote:

Again like I said before. Old satellite days. Dishnet work sent out lititation letters to every forum's members as well as DSS hardware's customers for asking $2500 pay fine or court trial. If you bought one DSS HU Card Unlocker or Nagra 3 Card Unlooper for $50 to $75 end up paying $5000 to $7500.

Too many paid fine rather then going to court and few who went to court they end up costing $10,000 to 20,000 more.

Every members of those forums bought by their login ip and later on every domain's name owns by Dishnet work or DirecTV.

Well my good friend I'm one of those people that is from that era and I'm also one of the lucky ones to get a letter from D!rect Tv's lawyers. And you are totally wrong about the letters. You got a letter if you had bought equipment that would alter their receiver cards. And on top of that it had to do with specifically circumventing THEIR cards. I was busted for buying a boot-loader board that could only be used to make a Black Sunday Card that had been hacked work. And work it did free TV 1100+ channels. But my point is NOT EVERY FORUM MEMBER got a letter only the ones buying equipment, and then the store of purchased had to be raided and closed down. Then and only then did you get a letter, and then that stores financial records had to be accurate . I know I was there in the thick of it.

So you could not be more wrong on your last statement:

"Every members of those forums bought by their login ip and later on every domain's name owns by Dishnet work or DirecTV."

This is just pure Bullsh!t. I was a member of probably 10-15 different sites. I haven't gotten one letter because of them ever, only because of the raided store I bought from.

The biggest and main POINT to be understood here is I was smart enough to manipulate "THEIR PROPERTY" and then was able to receive "THEIR SIGNAL". All their property that they owned, signal and rented access Smart Card that had the chip I was glitching and manipulating. I did not own this card according to the "LAW". This is the key. Our government currently has declared to "Jaibreak" an Apple TV unit is legal, the unit is your property and you are simply unlocking it so you are not held hostage by iTunes only.

Jailbreaking a unit that is YOUR property and then setting it to "look" on a website or url to look at many different sites and content using XBMC is no where near the same, not even in the same universe. There is not a lawyer or company out there that would come after some one now with the current laws. It would be an unwinnable nightmare for them to try to litigate in court.

By getting ISP's to do their dirty work and police IP's for CR content is one of the FEW things they are currently trying but this will be very tedious and your making or possibly forcing someone else to do this work. But this would only cause them to cap or stop your service, nothing near what you are suggesting.

So your previous post for the most part is false and suggestions would never happen.

Again I'd like to say Thank You to FireCore for Season Pass from a lifetime ATV Flash Black customer!!

Cavey's picture

Just ignore him clutchkargo. He is obviously making up most of what he talks about, and trying to be an internet warrior. He is a very SAD individual. Let's just ignore his posts from now on.

Anyway... Back to topic, you reckon there will be an untethered jailbreak in the next few weeks? What information are you basing this on? I hope you're right :)

JREED wrote:

That is very honest so why are you here for?

Why are you reading about jail breaking apple tv?

I don't know, it lets me stream media from my computer in formats other than mp4. In xbmc, and just so you know I'm in the uk, I can watch already free and legal services such as 4oD and bbc iplayer, atv flash black comes with a web browser, last fm, a weather app (last time I checked wanting to know what the weathers going to be like isn't illegal, but where your from a weather forecasts probably witchcraft).

© 2014 FireCore, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Terms | Privacy