AppleTv with 6.0.2 - Help me!!!!!

Hello friends,

I'm new here and I need your help.

Yesterday I had a 2 AppleTv a gift from a friend. Unfortunately, the firmware 6.0.2 is installed. Could you help me how can I downgrade to 5.3? Sorry, no SHSH backup was performed. Is it still possible to jailbreak the ATV? To any advice and help I am grateful.

regards

Shaggy

Apple Tv2 without Jailbreak

itimpi's picture
Re: AppleTv with 6.0.2 - Help me!!!!!

If you just run SeasonPass it will default to installing jailbroken 5.3 firmware. You do not need to have shsh blobs for this release as Apple is still signing it (as far as I know). I assume you realise that this is a tethered jailbreak?

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

ATV2 = 720p compatible model: Latest jailbreaks supported by SeasonPass are UNTETHERED: 5.3
ATV3 = 1080p compatible model (NO JAILBREAK CURRENTLY AVAILABLE)

Hello itimpi,

thanks for your answer. For me, this is all new. I do not know the difference between tethered and Unthered. Can you tell me that? Can you help me how I can jailbreak the ATV? If I understood you correctly, I do not need the SHSH backup. Is that true? What to do to get back to 5.3 I do? What are my options?

Regards

Shaggy

itimpi's picture
Shaggy-HH wrote:

Hello itimpi, thanks for your answer. For me, this is all new. I do not know the difference between tethered and Unthered. Can you tell me that? Can you help me how I can jailbreak the ATV? If I understood you correctly, I do not need the SHSH backup. Is that true? What to do to get back to 5.3 I do? What are my options? Regards Shaggy

To get back to 5.3 just run SeasonPass and select the option to jailbreak and then follow instructions. This will do the jailbreak with default settings which is to install 5.3.

A tethered jailbreak means that any time the ATV2 loses power (or you do a hard reboot) then you have to connect the ATV2 via Micro USB to your PC/Mac to complete the boot and run the SeasonPass tethered boot option. Unlike a full jailbreak this leaves any settings and/or installed apps intact and only takes a few seconds. Te big drawback is that this means that you need to be in a position to do the tethered boot with the ATV2 in the position where it is going to be used which is awakward for those whose PC/Mac is a different room.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

ATV2 = 720p compatible model: Latest jailbreaks supported by SeasonPass are UNTETHERED: 5.3
ATV3 = 1080p compatible model (NO JAILBREAK CURRENTLY AVAILABLE)

Okay, what software do I need to jailbreak it on 5.3? I downloaded the Season Pass 101 (0.9) and first Unfortunately it does not work with it. I always get a 050 error message.

regards

Hi Shaggy, I can't help sorry, I have the same issue. Did you get yours to work?

I have an ATV2 with 6.02 firmware and i'm trying to use seas0nPass 0.9.4 to go back to firmware 5.3.

SeasonPass crashes just after I put the device in to DFU mode, iTunes does not open at all. I have tired to restore the .ipsw file that seasonPass created through iTunes manually, this fails as well.

I have read that apple has stopped signing 5.## firmware updates now, does this prevent me from JB completly? Or are there any other alternate methods

I don't have any SHSH signiyures saved, can ayone provide any info on were i might be goinging wrong

thanks.

firmware - 6.0.2

iTunes - 11.1.3

Mac OSX - 10.6.8

Hello,

I can not help you. I live in Toronto, who can help me? Otherwise I give my friend the ATV again.

My system is Windows 8.1!

Hello,

now I know why it does not work with the jailbreak.
My friend said it is a ATV2, but by serial number, it may be only the ATV3. The model code is MD199. because one can give a statement to me? Is it the ATV3?

Yes, you have a 3rd gen. To further validate, check the right bottom part and youll see model A14xx. ATV 2 has A1378.

I used another mac with OSX 10.8.5, ran seas0nPass again to downgrade from 6.0.2 to 5.3.

I now have a working (teathered) jailbreak.

I have 6.0.2 version as well. I tried to return to 5.3 version of iOS using Seasonpass by following the instruction published on your webside.

After running Seasonpass I picked Create IPSW and then system demanded connection ATV via USB cable. Instruction doesn’t say about it.

OK. I connected and then system started downloading and processing other stuffs until window was displayed with requiring USB connection and pressing two buttons on silver pilot. ATV was still connected… but I pressed buttons, but it did make any effect. Windows was still displaying and system waiting for devise to enter DFU mode.

What I did wrong?

© 2014 FireCore, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Terms | Privacy