How about supporting Google's chromecast?

I think it could be a cheaper alternative than an atv3, and may allow the fire core team to bypass some of the protocol restrictions of airplay

Chromecast streaming is something we’ve been looking into, and hope to have more news on soon.

I’m always willing and ready to help Beta new features.

I know this is an old post, but since the Chromecast SDK now has been released and Google is pushing the framework for the phones, Chromecast should be something worth looking into. Are there any news on this front James? :slight_smile:

Yep, since the relase of the official SDK Chromecast support has been one of the top things we’ve been working to add.

Hope to have more news soon. :slight_smile:

That is really good news. Thanks for the update. :slight_smile:

*Bump*

just adding to a + from me. This would really be fantastic ! I would love to just chrome daily tvshows rather then have my htpc on. Another point please make the feature compatible with saved network drives (nas-servers) etc etc ...

Thanks for the service.

James! I love your iPad app. It's one of the best I've seen! If you could add a feature to allow chromecast to be the default player if available, that would be pretty awesome too!

Update: We've made some great progress on Chromecast support so far, but have run into a few bugs with the current SDK that we feel are showstoppers. We're working with Google to resolve these (they've actually already resolved one of the bigger issues we found) and once things are a bit more solid we plan to include Chromecast streaming in an upcoming version of Infuse.

Stay tuned! :)

Thanks James!!

I should have checked here before submitting a request. Glad to see someone beat me to this idea. Looking forward to the update. 

Love be the app. Keep up the great work. 

Only recently discovered Infuse, and it's already revolutionised my film viewing at home. Amazing app.

Chromecast support would be amazing. Would streaming from a NAS drive to the Chromecast via an iPad be realistic though?

Any developments on this? Still something you're looking into doing? 

Yes, we're still currently working with the Chromecast team to resolve a handful of issues we've found with their SDK. Once they start to roll these fixes out we should be able to include Chromecast streaming with Infuse.

[quote="james"]

Yes, we're still currently working with the Chromecast team to resolve a handful of issues we've found with their SDK. Once they start to roll these fixes out we should be able to include Chromecast streaming with Infuse.

[/quote]

Amazing! Looking forward to it. Thanks for getting back to me.

Something new about the Chromecast support?

Agree. It's now rapidly approaching the end of July. Pllex works perfectly with it from iOS. Come on FireCore! Don't let us down,  

+1 

August

Come on FireCore, you can do this!

would love it to cast on TV in hotel room when traveling 

+1

18 Septembre.

Is someone from FireCore reading this? And more important, is chromecast still in your roadmap ?

+2

Any news? I’m all set to pull the trigger and purchase when chromecast support is available.