EyeTV support for AppleTV 2

Hello!!

Do you plan any kind of EyeTV support in aTV Flash for black AppleTV? One idea for starters would be to use "EyeTV Live3G"-site in a web browser to browse TV-shows and channels. That way you can watch live TV or recordings in an iPad or iPhone so maybe it could be done in AppleTV too...

More info about Live3G webapp: http://www.elgato.com/elgato/int/mainmenu/products/software/EyeTV-app.en.html

Free Web app

Live3G is a stripped-down version of the EyeTV app which enables you to stream live television over a 3G connection to an iPhone and iPad. Elgato’s Live3G web app runs in the Safari browser on your iPhone so you can watch live TV and EyeTV recordings anywhere. It’s free, and it’s a good way to test your router’s compatibility before buying the EyeTV app.

The free Live3G web app is available at https://live3g.eyetv.com.

HTTP Live Streaming

The EyeTV software running on your Mac converts live TV to the correct format for streaming to the iPhone and iPad, ensuring optimal picture quality.

EyeTV software and both apps use the HTTP streaming standard developed by Apple. This takes advantage of the iPhone’s and iPad's hardware acceleration to deliver the highest possible playback quality and longer battery life.

=)juha

Anonymous
Re: EyeTV support for AppleTV 2

I recently bought an ATV Black to go with my ATV White and also bought EyeTV. I'm very interested in finding the best way for them to stream content from a shared NAS. aTV Flash was a huge step forward for me and I anxiously await what Fire Core will bring for us to the ATV Black camp.

Spike

Now this would be something! I would love to be able to watch live tv and my EyeTV recordings via AppleTV.

yep, this would be awesome too!

JB my iPad and can Airplay EyeTV to aTV2- actually works great but you cant lock or exit out of the eyetv app. Nevertheless a good option until EyeTV support is on aTV.

jeffw.48229 wrote:

JB my iPad and can Airplay EyeTV to aTV2- actually works great but you cant lock or exit out of the eyetv app. Nevertheless a good option until EyeTV support is on aTV.

I don't exactly understand what you mean, could you please describe in a bit more detail?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi there,

I tried to access EyeTV Live 3G with CouchSurfer but it doesn't work. The homepage is shown and I can log on. Afterwards, i see two entries ("Live" and "Movies") but I cannot select one of those. If I access EyeTV Live 3G from a MacBook, it works fine. E.g. when i select "Live", my TV channels are shown and I can watch Live TV. Maybe it's a format issue since Couchsurfer only supports HTML5. Does anybody know which format EyeTV Live 3G uses?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom373 wrote:

jeffw.48229 wrote:

I don't exactly understand what you mean, could you please describe in a bit more detail?

Thanks,

Tom

If you jailbreak your iPad (or iPhone I imagine, haven't tried it), and enable 3rd party airplay via the allPlay or airvideoenabler packages, you can airplay live tv via the eyeTV ipad app to an AppleTV2. The catch is the only jailbreak for 4.2 (which is required for airplay) is tethered, which means you need to attach the iPad or iPhone to your computer everytime you reset it, which for me hasn't been an issue at all.

http://gizmodo.com/5699794/jailbreak-hack-enables-airplay-in-all-ios-apps

Word is AirPlay works much better with 3rd Party apps on the iPhone than the iPad.

Has there been any developments on this? Is it being looked at as a future feature?
The ability to use EyeTV from my appleTV is the last piece of functionality I need (along with many other users I'm sure!) to allow me to move my macmini away from the tv and into a closet for server duties while making the appleTV the perfect home theater appliance..

james's picture
Staff

Support for streaming EyeTV recordings to the AppleTV2 was added in the recent update for Couch Surfer Pro.

Live TV streaming is supported as well, but it needs a bit of fine tuning.

A short video demo of this feature in action can be found here.

James
Have an idea for Infuse? Tell us.

Oke, that makes me buying aTV Flash black.

toete

© 2014 FireCore, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Terms | Privacy