Jailbreaking 101 w/ Seas0nPass (Mac + PC)
Full details on jailbreaking the Apple TV 2 with Seas0nPass can be found here.
Check for latest version
Always ensure you're running the latest version of Seas0nPass. The latest versions are listed below.
- Mac - 0.9.4 (766)
- PC - 0.9.4.14494
Trouble with DFU mode
- Ensure you're using a silver (aluminum) Apple TV remote. The older white (plastic) Apple TV remotes are missing the dedicated play/pause button and will not work.
- Disable the 'remote control infrared receiver' option through System Preferences --> Security --> General. (Mac only)
If you're having trouble getting the Apple TV into DFU mode try the steps below once you're at the 'Waiting for DFU' step.
- Disconnect Apple TV from USB.
- Reconnect, and wait for the rapid flashing light.
- (Optional) If you're not seeing a rapid flashing light, hold down the menu and down arrow buttons for about 7 seconds (or until you see the rapid flashing light).
- Hold the menu and play/pause buttons together for 7 seconds (count slowly - one thousand 1, one thousand 2, one thousand 3, etc...)
If all else fails...
- Connect the power cable along with the USB cable to get into DFU mode. Disconnect the power cable once the iTunes restore process begins.
- Try a different USB cable - a good, low cost cable can be found here.
iTunes restore errors
If you're seeing errors during the iTunes restore process please see the thread here.
Mac specific issues
- Some users have reported issues when Filevault or Clean My Mac are in use. Disabling these should resolve most issues that arise during the jailbreak process.
- If you're getting errors when creating the IPSW (stuck on Patching Ramdisk) please try the fix found here.
PC specific issues
- If you're receiving errors regarding Microsoft .NET framework you can download and install the latest version here.
Note: If after all this you're still having trouble please open a support ticket and attach your Seas0nPass log file.
Mac log file: SP_Debug.log (locate by selecting the 'Show Log In Finder' option from the Seas0nPass --> Help menu)
PC log file: /Libraries/Documents/My Documents/Seas0nPass/Seas0nPass.log
Have an idea for Infuse? Tell us.