Seas0nPass & IPSW Unzipping Problems

Re: Seas0nPass & IPSW Unzipping Problems

i have it!!!!!

I had to connect the power cable to put the atv at DFU, making the other way, 6 sec down menu and 6 seconds menu and play

After, and remaining the power cable connect i had to restore since itunes (had a problem directly from seass0npass) Restore it, but ar the last moment try to restore again(???) and give me an error. But i went to the TV and upala!!! works!!!!

Thanks a lot for your help

awesome! Thanks for all the help :D

Glad to hear that :)

You're most welcome ^^

Hello,

I wanna do the Jailbreak as I read in this. It's unzipping and in the DFU Mode the Seas0nPass will write the File to my Apple TV box. But after this, Itunes popped up and I get the Information from Seas0nPass: "ITunes restore script failed!, selecting IPSW in Finder..."

What have I do wrong?

When I disconnected the TV Box and connected with my TV, the Menu is also as it where unjailbroken.

I hope you can help me :-)

Thank you

HI Webi

You must to open iTunes and pulse restore (with the alt key pressed) Then you must to chose the firmware created by seass0npass on FInder (in the name you see _SP_)

Hi - Thought I'll let you guys know where things stand with my SeasOnPass problems. The moderator was correct in that the Apple server was serving up truncated files. My unzip program confirmed that. So, I tried to find a server link for a file of the size 334,235,633 bytes (or close). Go to the iClarified site and picked on the 8F305 file (its the latest). I was able to download acomplete file from that link. I'm presuming its an Apple server. But then I didn't know how I was going to get SeasOnPass to use it!! Eventually I copied it into the directory used by SeasOnPass (%userprofile%Documents\SeasonPass\downloads). When I fired up SeasonPass after doing this, it recognised the file was there and skipped the download stage and went straight on to unzipping it. The unzip worked and SeasonPass went on to build the files and directories for Itine to use to restore. Excellent! Next thing, I had to plug my aTV2 (black) into my PC with the micro USB cable. I got the cable I use with my Seagate GoFlex external drive. This cable should be complete since external drives need both power and data wires connected. Now we get into the next phase of my problem. Whatever I do, I cannot see the little white light on the front of the box. NO WAY! Tried evrything including standing on my head! If I plug the power cord in, I can see the light - but I see there is a warning (some where in the forums) that you shouldn't restore with power cord plugged in - or the whole thing might go up in smoke! So I did evrything guys on the forum suggested - including pressing n the menu key and (down arrow) key for 6 or so seconds before doing the menu/pause combination. I just don't want to BRICK my AppleTV by doing the wrong thing. So, after spending half a day waiting at the UNZIP progress bar, I'm now waiting at the DFU bar (which topic by the way also has a large forum follpwings!).

ok, now itunes want to restore my apple device with the .ipsw file from the finder. Then Itunes tell me, that he wants to do a checkup with apple. During the Checkup, the error message is coming:

"Apple TV can't restore. This device isn't eligible for the request build."

What should I do now..???

Hi - seeing that I complained about the problems with SeasOnPass, I can say now that I've jailbroken it!! My problem in gettin aTV2 into DFU was obviously the cable. Looks like the so-called USB "standard" has many versions. The USB micro cable that worked with my Seagate GoFlex ecternal drive didn't work. So I found another. This was the data-sync cable for my Samsung Focus smartphone. This one worked in that I can now see the flashing dot of light. Even so, please note that some of these cables don't fit the Apple TV2 USB socket very well. The first time I did it, it started flashing and Windows 7 started installing the drivers and then stopped with message that a cable was unplugged. So, I had to push the cable in a bit harder. It then worked. Same thing happened when, later, I had to rehook it for the restore phase of SeasOnPass. After testing to make sure the USB was working by firing up Itunes and checking to see Apple TV is on the right frame, I unhooked it. Then, fired up SeasOnPass and let it go through the routine (The necessary file with the SP added to the filename is in %userprofile%MyDocuments/SeasonpPass folder). Followed the instruction by rehooking up aTV2 and a minute later, shift-clicked the restore buttton. Everything went as in the instructions. Took it upstairs to the TV. Powered it up and after going through a few steps of initial setup, it was up and running. A new item appears on the menu: SeasonPass. NOW I'M INTO THE aTV FLASH phase. Watchout for the next installment!

Hi guys: Installation of aTV2 Flash (black) worked with no hitches. It adds an additional item to the menu bar on the TV. Its called maintenance and there you can choose what additional items you want installed - such as nitoTV and XBMC. Now, I've just got to figure out how to access those TV episodes on Hulu and the networks. Thanks Firecore and I presume we'll be notified when the beta version switches to final product. Thanks.

PS. It might be good idea to say on stickie that one should check the light on the front of the aTV since other people, like me, can be using all different kinds of USB cables.

Hi! I am still experiencing problems with unzipping. Is it possible to download file from direct link and after that do everything manually with with pressing ALT in iTunes and choosing the right IPSW?

© 2014 FireCore, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Terms | Privacy