Plex

I have the latest version of aTV flash (1.1) but Plex is not listed as a 3rd party option to install. How do I get it added to Apple TV 2 (4.4.3). (I assume I have the latest version of aTV because I just bought it this week.

I just updated my apple TV and I lost PLEX too. I am not a real huge xbmc fan so really hoping this gets added back. 

Instructions how to get PLEX (0.90 beta 4) on a Jailbreaked Apple TV 2 (4.4.4):

Be sure your Apple TV2 is on

1) Start Terminal on your iMac 2) Type: ssh

root@apple-tv.local

3) Type: alpine (the password) 4) Type: echo "deb http://www.ambertation.de ./downloads/PLEX/" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plex.list 5) Type: apt-get remove com.plex.client-plugin 6) Type: apt-get update 7) Type: apt-get install com.plex.client-plugin=0.0.9.0.0-312c11b0

Now your Apple TV2 should reset and when its starters there is PLEX.

(hint: you can also copy => paste the lines in terminal)

suc6

iFred

www.ifred.nl

[[wysiwyg_imageupload:133:]]

Thanks so much amigo all is well again! Happy NYE ! Have a wonderful 20128)

Thanks so much amigo all is well again! Happy NYE ! Have a wonderful 20128)

Thank you! Worked like a charm! Happy New Year!

Thank you! Worked like a charm! Happy New Year!

Thanks very much. Worked perfectly!

Works!!!

Thanks

How about instructions on how to uninstall PLEX when installed via SSH?

Hello,

If I want to add Video’s to PLEX (server), I can only select the Hard Drives on my PC. I like also to connect my Popcorn Hour A110 with HD with a lot of movies, which is visible in my network.

How can I make this? 

(I already made a Network drive of the Popcorn Hour, but that means my PC should always powered on, I don’t want that. I want to play the movies by Plex, through the Popcorn in my network, as a kind of NAS system?)