ATV2 Rebooting Issue

Re: ATV2 Rebooting Issue

im on a mac so its already setup as AFP, i also have a smb share setup on a linux box do you want me to try that and see if it does the same???

+1 on SMB idle issue. Don't have XBMC installed. I'm streaming from a FreeNAS box and having trouble getting my AFP share to work (different issue). Would be great to see this get fixed.

DJMic's picture
rustymarc wrote:

So, after much puzzling over debug logs, plenty of messing around with windows permission settings and much hair pulling and google-fu, i found the solution to what is becoming a fairly common problem - FIRECORE MEDIA PLAYER.

Suffice to say, i prioritize XBMC over FMP, so i haven't really explored trying to fix the media player as yet, but i'll detail how i got a stable, brilliantly working xbmc (FINALLY.)

Step 1: This is the most important one - UNINSTALL FIRECORE MEDIA PLAYER. CRASH PROBLEM SOLVED.

Step 2: Make sure apple updates are disabled (either via NitoTV or hosts file edit)

Step 3: Completely optional, but great for performance, disable all the pointless shit from xbmc (rss ticker, vertical blank sync in menus, overly flashy skins etc).

Step 4: Profit.

Didn't work for me! XBMC Will NOT Load... reboots ATV2

REMOVED EVERYTHING BUT XMBC... still reboots ARGH!!!!

same problem here (idle SMB reboot) with BOTH Media Player and XBMC. I don't even have to play a file. If I just let the system sit idle and then try to browse any SMB folder, it's reboot guaranteed.

No news on a fix or a work around?

well, did 5 min. extra research and it looks like the workaround is simply to uninstall Media Player or XBMC:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=120658

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=121950

Sorry guys, but for me it's Media Player that will have to go. Still hoping for a fix though.

I ended up solving the problem by getting a Synology NAS and sharing out via AFP. Sure, an expensive solution...but the NAS is great.

© 2014 FireCore, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Terms | Privacy