E: Write error - write (28: No space left on device)

Good evening. I had a couple of minutes, so I went into Maintenance and there were a couple of options flagged for update… Maintenance and Media player. I hit update like always… it took a long time and then I received the following error:

E: Write error - write (28: No space left on device)

E: Cant mmap an empty file

E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

e: Write error - write (28 No space left on device)

E: Cant mmap an empty file

e: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened

Is the device actually full, or do I have  a different issue??

Maint. version is 1.2-68

Under General Settings it tells me that the apple tv software is 4.2.2 (2203)

AppleTV version 4.2.2 is pretty old. Your best option may be to re-jailbreak with Seas0nPass which will update you to 4.4.4.

Hi it does not work :frowning:

I keep getting the error 1602 or 1604 or 1394 etc

i despair at the

please help me :[

I have the same problem :frowning:

I have version 4.4.4 and I also get disk space error when attempting to update anything. I found a post here that suggested to delete cache files, I tried it and it worked. Delete Cache files from here:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/LocalAndRental

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/Other

Hi thanks i connect with Flash FTP and clear the cache file…and my atv2 is Running thanks

I am glad I found this thread - deleting the cached items through SFTP solved my problem.  As you all know, not being able to keep my 4.4.4 jailbreak would have major consequences.  Thanks for documenting this.  A google search of the error brought me here!  Problem solved!

Chicagorex

Perfect! tks, I just SSH in and did this!

Later.

Hi all, I also have this problem. While I appreciate the answers posted here the solution using FlashFTP is a Windows solution from what I have found. If one uses a Mac what is the solution then. 

Thank you in advance.

THis method still works! thanks for the post.

Thanks guys it worksfor me too.