AppleTV 5.0 Screenshots - Feedback Please :-)
Hey folks, we've made some great strides with the new 5.0 (iOS 5.1) software and wanted to share a bit of of our progress with you. Additionally, we're looking at a few options for integrating aTV Flash (black) into the new menu layout, and would love to have your feedback.
Take a look at the two options below, and feel free to sound off in the comments.
Option 1 - add extra icon to top row
- Access to recently played items in Top Shelf
- Media is always visible in menu
- Quicker navigation
- Seamless integration with the new UI
- Deviates slightly from native layout by adding an extra icon to top row
- Requires a bit more time to integrate
Update: The number of top row icons can be reduced by disabling either the TV Shows or Music menus through the Parental Controls menu
Option 2 - add icon to lower section
- Maintains native layout with 5 icons per row
- Requires less time to integrate
- Media is buried below other icons
- No Top Shelf access
- Inconvenient navigation
(Note: The choice of option #1 applies to the Media menu only - all other items (Couch Surfer, Last.fm, Weather, etc...) will be displayed as described under option #2)
Update: Thanks to those who chimed in. Screenshots of the final layout can be seen on our blog here.
Have an idea for Infuse? Tell us.