ATV 3 jailbreak is on the way

Offline
Posts: 65
Joined: Mar 23, 2012

I have found this info from a few website saying ATV3 is successful jailbreak

“The Apple TV 3 has successfully been jailbroken and it is untethered,” is a phrase that we have all been eagerly awaiting for the past month now. Though there is no substantial information leading to any Apple TV 3 jailbreak ETA or even the current status of the jailbreak for Apple’s latest family member. Now, even with the seeming lack of information our there, we felt it would be good to put every in one place for our reader’s convenience.

pod2g, perhaps best know for his role in the 5.0 jailbreaking of the iPad 2 and the iPhone 4S, has been hard at work with the latests series of jailbreaks for the iPad 3 and everything underneath it. Though we have received good news in the form of a video showing his iPad 3 using an untethered jailbreak, he mentioned on Twitter:

Offline
Posts: 13
Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Re: ATV 3 jailbreak is on the way

I call bogus. Whatever web site this is from is wrong. pod2g has said that his untethered jailbreak would work with apple tv 3 **IF** there was some way to inject the files, but there is currently no such way. The following is from pod2g's web site from today (may 15th). You will note that Apple TV 3 is in the not supported section:

List of tested devices for the upcoming 5.1.1 jailbreak

Here is the list of devices that are known to work for sure :

  • iPhone 4
  • iPhone 4S
  • iPad 1
  • iPad 2 Wifi
  • iPad 3 Wifi

Here is the list of devices that won't be supported :

  • iPhone 3Gs
  • iPod 3G
  • AppleTV 3

Remains :

  • iPod 4G
  • iPad 2 GSM
  • iPad 2 CDMA
  • iPad 2 Wifi, R2
  • iPad 3 CDMA
  • iPad 3 Global
  • AppleTV 2
Offline
Posts: 244
Joined: Jan 24, 2012
Re: ATV 3 jailbreak is on the way
andyfei wrote:

“The Apple TV 3 has successfully been jailbroken and it is untethered,” is a PHRASE that we have all been eagerly awaiting for the past month now. Though there is NO substantial information leading to any Apple TV 3 jailbreak ETA or even the current status of the jailbreak for Apple’s latest family member.

Now read this slowly

ormanton's picture
Offline
Posts: 415
Joined: Feb 6, 2009
Re: ATV 3 jailbreak is on the way
Flipmode wrote:

Now read this slowly

exactly

2008-atv1
2011-atv2
2012-atv3 (getting dusty waiting for a miracle)

ormanton's picture
Offline
Posts: 415
Joined: Feb 6, 2009
Re: ATV 3 jailbreak is on the way
andyfei wrote:

I have found this info from a few website saying ATV3 is successful jailbreak

read what you write, because of that info what you have pasted, I can read : ...no substantial information leading to any Apple TV 3 jailbreak...

2008-atv1
2011-atv2
2012-atv3 (getting dusty waiting for a miracle)

Offline
Posts: 30
Joined: Apr 23, 2012
Re: ATV 3 jailbreak is on the way

Not only is it not jailbroken, I haven't read anywhere where someone is even working on it. Seems like there is only one active person in jailbreaking currently. And pod2g is busy making the mainstream devices exploitable.

I'm guessing we will have to wait for a moment where an untethered jailbreak works for every iphone and every ipad. Then and only then will someone try to tackle the ATV3. Obviously it would help if more people were involved.

What will really suck is if iOS 6 comes out this summer before the ATV3 is exploited. Then all the focus will shift back to the mainstream devices.

Offline
Posts: 244
Joined: Jan 24, 2012
Re: ATV 3 jailbreak is on the way
nsfw wrote:

Not only is it not jailbroken, I haven't read anywhere where someone is even working on it. Seems like there is only one active person in jailbreaking currently. And pod2g is busy making the mainstream devices exploitable. I'm guessing we will have to wait for a moment where an untethered jailbreak works for every iphone and every ipad. Then and only then will someone try to tackle the ATV3. Obviously it would help if more people were involved. What will really suck is if iOS 6 comes out this summer before the ATV3 is exploited. Then all the focus will shift back to the mainstream devices.

I tend to agree

Once pod2g releases the 5.1.1 untethered he will probably work on the 3G and 3GS iphone jailbreak if and once that is complete he might look at the ATV3 or take a break before iOS 6 comes out. Mainstream gets all the attention, ATV's aren't high pirority.

Offline
Posts: 18
Joined: Apr 27, 2012
Re: ATV 3 jailbreak is on the way

Fiecore seems to be busy on the atv3. Depends how one interprets their latest tweets. I also agree on the focus on populair devices. As has been said, jailbreaks need more and more exploits as ios evolves. Pod2g mentioned that the current one needs 7 already. And we all know the reason why atv3 cant be jailbroken (at least for now). Call me a pessimist but I think that if a tethered jb is announced for the atv3 this year, we'd be lucky.

Offline
Posts: 244
Joined: Jan 24, 2012
Re: ATV 3 jailbreak is on the way
relikwie wrote:

Fiecore seems to be busy on the atv3. Depends how one interprets their latest tweets. I also agree on the focus on populair devices. As has been said, jailbreaks need more and more exploits as ios evolves. Pod2g mentioned that the current one needs 7 already. And we all know the reason why atv3 cant be jailbroken (at least for now). Call me a pessimist but I think that if a tethered jb is announced for the atv3 this year, we'd be lucky.

Firecore packages the jailbreak they don't develop it

Offline
Posts: 26
Joined: Nov 5, 2011
Re: ATV 3 jailbreak is on the way

It simply blows my mind that there is only one person that could ultimately "crack the shell" on this 3rd gen little black puck. I've read all the info and history on the people involved in snooping out the expliots on these iOS devices and it is really amazing that no one else has entered the scene. Is it to difficult to learn, understand, or secretive. Or does no one really care to help? I'm just curious not complaining just trying to understand why there is just nobody else able to help with this. I know off topic....but I just gotta believe that there are smart enough people in this world able to figure out some back doors on these devices.

Offline
Posts: 2
Joined: May 15, 2012
Re: ATV 3 jailbreak is on the way

maybe we simply need to organise an apple tv 3 jailbreak bounty....

Post Reply

© 2014 FireCore, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Terms | Privacy