Restoring in Itunes. Please wait while script is running

[[wysiwyg_imageupload:206:]]“Restoring in Itunes. Please wait while script is running…!” Is the information i am getting while trying to jailbreak ATV 2 by creating an IPSW.

The whole process runs smoothly until after the DFU. It says that IBSS something is uploading. Then the "restoring… " comes up in the Seas0npass window.

Thats about it. Nothing else happens, besides itunes is starting up. But nothing in Itunes is happening.

I have search the whole internet for someone with the same issues (including this forum) but i cannot seem to find the answer to the problem.

The apple tv 2 is latest 5.01 firmware and the Seas0n is the latest software. And its on Windows 7.

I even bought the Atv flash black in the naiv believe that it could help me. But it turned out that i still have to jailbreak the usual way, that doesnt work for me.

Please advise.

Cheers,

Johan 

1. Close iTunes and close Seas0nPass.

2. Make sure your device is in DFU mode.

3. Download iREB from http://ih8sn0w.com/

4. In iREB click the AppleTV2 button for PwndDFU Mode

5. Launch iTunes

6. Select your Apple TV

7. Hold shift and click Restore

8. Go to your Documents\Seas0nPass folder and select the IPSW that has SP in the file name for whichever version you are trying to restore.

9. Wait…

10. Tether boot the device.

Thank you for your swift answer.

It all worked like a charm :slight_smile:

FYI It turned out that I had to use the first USB port as well in order for Itunes to find the Apple tv 2 at once in the process. Somthing went wrong everytime before so itunes didnt find the device straight away (this only in the jailbreak process). Also the devicemanager said it couldnt recognize the device.

But after changing to the first USB together with your solution everything worked out well.

Good luck with spreading your great ideas onto our nice little apple gadgets and making them so much consomer friendly.
Cheers,
Johan

Hold the horses…

Everything technically worked out fine. No errors.

But unfortunatelly after the Tether boot accomplisment, the ATV  has got the " connect to itunes" screen when connecting to the TV.

Should I redo everything?

Or does it mean that i always has got to have the usb connected to the computer together with the HDMI, when connecting to the TV?

Naahh… 

Please advise.
Cheers,
Johan

http://forum.firecore.com/topic/7704

Thanx again.

Did everything all over again, but now everything works.

Gaaahhh… !

Ok, the jailbreak worked. 

But the installation of the Atv flash didnt. returned error code 9.100.

It says transfering files, but 5 secs later. Installation failed… Error code 9.100.

I have homesharing and airplay on.

This has taken me 6 hours so far…
Ive gone trough the forum post and tried to link with ethernet, but no luck.
Please advise Matt.

Cheers,
Johan

There was a problem with the AwkwardTV repository which has since been resolved. This prevented core requirements of aTV Flash from installing. Simply try again.

Hi, 

I am running into the same problem as above.

" The whole process runs smoothly until after the DFU. It says that IBSS something is uploading. Then the "restoring… " comes up in the Seas0npass window.

Thats about it. Nothing else happens, besides itunes is starting up. But nothing in Itunes is happening."

I tried the above steps but the links were expired and didn’t help at all. 

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. 

Hello sunny

you can still dowload Ireb as I 've just done it.

It’s on the bottom of the page

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but what I didn’t understand when you meant by bottom of the page and what is Ireb ?

I was answering your quiery

Having same problem but on Mac (ireb doesn’t work) using itunes 11 apple tv 2 5.0.2. have tried option restore in iTunes and found the right .ipsw but won’t jailbreak. Is there anyone with same problem on mac running 10.8.2?

Don’t use Itunes 11 but Itunes 10.7 or below and it’ll work

well I guess I’m screwed there. finally got it to go through whole script and get a 160… error.  I’ve changed usb ports and nothing is different using same micro usb as I did with original jb that worked the first time.  basically at a loss as to what to do.  is there a seas0npass disclaimer that recognizes this or am I missing something?  

Reverting back to iTunes 10.7 worked thank you.