Unable to SSH to Apple TV 5.01

Re: Unable to SSH to Apple TV 5.01

Without any intention to insult, you just got lucky.

Like you've said, something must have dislodged from the Apple TV. The fact that you use Sudo has nothing to do with the Apple TV side. The sudo on your apple terminal just tells the mac that you want to run the ssh command as the admin of your mac, not the root of the apple tv.

This looks like something is stuck in memory (on the Apple TV) that has to do with SSH/openSSL and that is why is refusing the connections.

Anyone made any progress or is it necessary do JB again? Still can't SSH to ATV! :|

This is what I did. I re-jailbroke my apple TV's then when I connected with Putty, I selected No when asked the questions about the keys. When I connected with WinSCP, I selected "Add" instead of whatever the other option was I don't remember. So now I'm able to connecte whenever I want. WinSCP connects with no further issues. I just keep answering "No" to the Putty session.

Thanks

NMF

Well at least i know im not alone..thats at least comforting....lol.. i got this apple tv 2 yesterday... jailbroke with seasonpass... added nitotv with putty and started to ssh over the addons to xbmc... i got it all going nicely with some streams... i installed sportsdevil and free cable... then i was having an issue with free cable and canada ondemand..and had to change a file in the appletv to get that working... i ssh that over fine... reboot apple tv.. streams working again... then i realized my sportsdevil was the wrong version.. went to ssh the proper one and i keep getting the unexpectedly refused connection error with winscp and putty... ive restarted apple tv, computer, router. tried to clear the ssh folder in my user on windows.... still no connection... finally found this thread after hours of searching old news about iphones ipods etc having ssh issues and viruses.... now that im fully freaked out that i fawked up my apple tv... am i to assume the reason it worked yesterday and not today is very common??

is the common fix to rejailbreak with seasonpass... line up everything into one killer ssh session while the door is open and leave it be???

Much love and respect for everything you guys do here..

Cheers

Ive got same problem. Cant SSH to box. So this is not a hardware fault? Anyone found a fix?

No solution so far. The only interim option is to re-jailbreak and don't accept the key when establishing the connection...

There is no workaround. We were all infected with Ikee virus that messes with ssh in idevices. Since it's not possible to run mobileterminal from AppleTV (to remove the virus - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwoIj42n648) you have to re-jb your atv and, as soon as you do it ssh to AppleTV and change the default password from alpine to a new one. This prevents from beeing infected.

Execute the ikee removal walkthrough in all other idevices you might have to stop spreading to others.

Hope i helped.

Best regards to all.

11dreamsbig's picture

Hi,

Before I dig into re-jailbreaking 2 Apple TV's that are working- but neither allows SSH- Is it really true that this is a virus? Is it spread through our wifi network? I have PC's, Mac's, and jailbroken iPhones all going through the same network... this is really freaking me out. I did get mobile terminal installed on my iPhone and changed my root password there, but I don't understand how we can change the root password on the Apple TV? I jail broke each of my Apple TV's twice before (and tried everything imaginable) to get in- nothing. Why would we be able to get in now? And how to change root password?

While I am glad to know I need to get rid of a possible virus, I'm a bit panicked on how to do so. Many thanks for any help.

The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.
Ernest Hemingway

Also having this problem - have never had it before this most recent jailbreak. Doesn't work with cyberduck or coreftp lite. As per above post - is this really a virus or what? Adding my xbmc files by .zip thru the atv is taking forever without this option.

This is indeed ikee virus so do the following:

- If you just re-jb and can ssh to appletv use a terminal program like putty. If it asks for password use alpine. As soon as you have the #root in your screen type passwd This will allow you to change your password (type the new password and retype it again).

- If you can't ssh to appletv you're going to re-jb again in a safe environment (no more idevices connected to your wifi network) and change the password as soon as you can ssh.

Remove the virus from other idevices using the walk-through i posted here.

To change a ssh password from an iphone or ipad that you can't ssh (only if you have openssh installed) just install mobileterminal from cydia, run it, type su, type alpine and then apply the passwd command and you're done.

Hope i could help.

Regards to all.

© 2014 FireCore, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Terms | Privacy