XBMC continuously crashes after ATV 1.6 update

XBMC continuously crashes after ATV 1.6 update, have r&r all installations i.e. XBMC no help was thinking about re-jailbraking but afraid I will be in the same position or worse...

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Jim

Re: XBMC continuously crashes after ATV 1.6 update

Removing the Media Player fixes the crashing issues with XBMC.

You are correct Foamman noticed when I re-installed extras and when "working" the media player was NOT installed....

I have 4.4.4 should I upgrade to 5.1?

I also keep getting crashes. I run iOS 5.1.1 on my ATV 2
Even a complete new jailbreak, reinstall of ATV Flash black 1.6 did not work.

A persistent crash happens when I try to put my Video folder in Library Mode. As soon as I press-hold the menu button it crashes.

As said a completely redid the jailbreak, only installed ATV Flash Black 1.6, XMBC (so, not even media playet).

How can I fix this??

submit diagnostic bug reports via Manage settings, have sent over 100 going on deaf ears, disappointing firecore "updates" are supposed to improve not cause more issues.

james's picture
Staff

A new build of Media Player has just been released that resolves the XBMC related issues. You can update on the Apple TV through the Maintenance --> Manage Extras menu.

Sorry for the trouble.

James
Have an idea for Infuse? Tell us.

What about the "Bug Reports" you asked for?

james's picture
Staff

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Those that sent in bug reports helped us track down certain cases that were causing problems.

If you're still seeing issues with the new build please let us know.

James

understood, but appears bug reports are requested but we see limited results, that is what is frustrating. You guys go with upgrades where bugs still persist from the last i.e. media issues

james's picture
Staff
macmanjimmy wrote:

understood, but appears bug reports are requested but we see limited results, that is what is frustrating. You guys go with upgrades where bugs still persist from the last i.e. media issues

Well a bug report actually consists of two parts. One is the diagnostic report from the Apple TV itself, the other being a support ticket which describes the problem.

Without being able to pair the diagnostic report with an actual problem, the amount of usable information we're able to get from the diagnostic report alone is very limited.

James

Hi anybody in los angeles area can help me to lail brake my apple tv2 i am rdy to pay for my email adress is vmadatyan@hotmail.com p-lease let me know thank you

© 2014 FireCore, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Terms | Privacy