Unable to connect to iTunes Store

I have been unable to login to my Apple account and purchase any items the most recent ATV version was released last week. However, I didn’t update it and believe I’m still running the last untethered jailbreak version. Any attempt to login or purchase items says that all servers are busy and to try again.

This is the first I’ve seen an update affect Apple TV without actually installing the update. Is anyone else experiencing this? I’d like to continue to watch both XBMC and iTunes purchases while waiting for the latest jailbreak version. Thanks for responses.

My ATV2 with IOS 5.1.1 too. After IOS 6 was released, all native apps disappeared and I can’t get into itunes, although I didn’t update. It isn’t an internet effect, because wlan and lan are working correctly.

Any solution here?

Watching videos with media player from my NAS is more important, so I’ll wait for an unteathered JB working with IOS6.

Regards
Oliver

Problem solved.

My ATV 2 had the old 5.0.1 (I thought it is 5.0.2). I updated to 5.0.2 like here described in Post #5 http://forum.firecore.com/topic/8989 and did jailbreak again. Everything is fine now. Apps are back and connection to itunes works.

I think it was the old unsigned 5.0.1.

Make sure your computer is up-to-date and meets the following requirements

1. Make sure that you can access the Internet on your computer or device.
  2. Make sure that your computer meets the iTunes minimum system requirements.
  3. Make sure that your operating system is up to date:
    a. For Mac: Choose Apple > Software Update to determine if updates are available for your computer.
    b. For Windows: Go to Microsoft’s Windows Update webpage.

I hope seavercm and oliver haven’t been waiting for your reply :wink: