Remote app 3.0 restarts aTV2

After updating the Remote app in my iPhone to version 3.0 it stopped working with my jailbroken Apple TV 2.
Every time I open the app, it tries to connect to the aTV2, and the aTV2 restarts and keeps restarting for as long as the remote app is open on my iPhone. The same thing happens when using Remote app 3.0 on my iPad.
Is someone else having this problem?

Re: Remote app 3.0 restarts aTV2

Same problem here.
Tested old version of remote from different iOS device and it still works fine

Yes, its happening for me too.

The updated Remote app gives specific support for the new iTunes 11, and since there is now an updated aTV firmware version also to support iTunes 11 features I can only assume that it will be necessary to have the Apple updated firmware on the aTV before the new Remote app will work.

So this will mean we will need to wait for an update for the Jailbreak and from Firecore.

Hopefully Firecore can jump in here and confirm this?

PS: So, now that we know we need to keep using the old version of the Apple Remote app for the moment, can anyone confirm if the old version of the Remote app still works if you update to iTunes 11 on the desktop?

In fact, on that same subject (and based on my theory in the previous post) does updating to iTunes 11 on the desktop break any functionality on the (not yet updated) aTV with jailbreak and atv flash?

Im holding off updating any of this new Apple stuff for the moment, since it seems it was all designed to work together and isnt necessarily backwards compatible.

Same problem for me. So how do I get back to previous version of the remote app on my iPhone? I'm running atv flash (black) 1.6 and my atv2 is running 5.0.2

ochsenbein wrote:

Same problem for me. So how do I get back to previous version of the remote app on my iPhone? I'm running atv flash (black) 1.6 and my atv2 is running 5.0.2

If you have only updated the Remote app on your iPhone, and not on iTunes then iTunes will still have the previous version saved. So:

- delete the new version of Remote from your phone

- sync with iTunes

- go to Devices > iPhone > Apps and tick Remote

- sync again and iTunes will reinstall the previous version

NB: this only works if you havent updated to the new app on iTunes under Library > Apps > Updates Available

(and you need to remember not to update here, or the new version will get installed to your iPhone next time you sync)

Additionally, if your iPhone is jailbroken you can install a tweak to hide the update on your iPhone App Store. There are several available for free from Cydia. The one I use is 'Update Hider'

Hope this helps, otherwise more instructions are available by searching online.

Thanks heaps jmh2002 but its my first iPhone and only a few days old so I hadn't scynced with iTunes yet

Same problem here. I've asked FC for support, let's see what happens. Glad it's not just me!!!

alexanderh.9553 wrote:

Same problem here. I've asked FC for support, let's see what happens. Glad it's not just me!!!

I could be wrong but I dont think its anything to do with Firecore. Apple has updated iTunes, aTV, and Remote with new functionality. I think they are all designed to work together and might not be backwards compatible.

Lets see I guess.

Looking through the logs appears to give this as the crash reason:

Nov 30 10:52:51 Apple-TV AppleTV[238]: *** Assertion failure in -[ML3AggregateQuery selectPersistentIDsSQLAndProperties:ordered:], /SourceCache/MusicLibrary/MusicLibrary-972.40/ML3/ML3AggregateQuery.m:64

Nov 30 10:52:51 Apple-TV AppleTV[238]: *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Can not get aggregated properties for album_artist_pid of class ML3Album'

Yes, I agree that it would look to be unlikely that it is FC's fault directly, but unfortunately there's noone else we can turn to for the time being, as ios 5.0.2 is as high as we can currently go, unless the recently rumours about a forthcoming 5.1.1 JB are true (which seems unlikely?).

I haven't tried a "clean" install of 5.0.2 to see if it does this as well - has any one else?

I did a clean install last night and get the same result. Is anyone experiencing trouble locating shares with the media app? After reinstall I can not locate the share with my most current atv2. I have another non updated atv2 which finds the share no problem.

© 2014 FireCore, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Terms | Privacy