Seas0nPass & Apple TV 5.2

Hey all, we’re hard at work on an updated version of Seas0nPass that takes advantage of the Evasi0n jailbreak and plan to have this available soon.

Please keep in mind that while the FireCore plugins will work on Apple TV 5.1, a few minor adjustments (which are currently in progress) are needed to ensure things continue to run smoothly on Apple TV 5.2. Things like Plex and XBMC do not yet work on Apple TV 5.1 and later, and will likely require A LOT of work by their respective developers in order to be compatible.

I’ll update this post as more information becomes available.

Cheers! :)

Update 2/12: We’ve got aTV Flash (black) and Seas0nPass pretty much ready for 5.2, and are just putting on a few finishing touches. We’re expecting a release within the next few days. Note: We don’t have any kind of ETA for 3rd party plugins such as Plex or XBMC.

Update 2/13: aTV Flash (black) 2.2 is now live! http://blog.firecore.com/post/43012930684/atv-flash-black-2-2

Thank you James! We all appreciate the work you and the XBMC/Plex developers etc. do!

Dan

Keep up the GOOD work  :slight_smile:

Thank you for your hard work and I am looking forward to the release

ok. take your time. I prefer a good working release and 5.01 still works fine

Will the new version be compatible with ATv3? If not any update on that?

No ETA for the ATV3 just yet. Sorry.

Will this update take advantage of the new bluetooth keyboard feature?

Hi James

Thanks for the update on the progress :slight_smile: Can’t wait for 5.2

Why do you work on Seasonpass when there is already breaking from sn0wbreeze 2/9/8? Just adapt atv flash black for ios 5/2. It’s that simple.

And please do not wait until the update will be released for Plex and XBMC. Some do not use them …

The respective updates will really be out as soon as humanly possible…we’re not holding anything back here.

Exactly, seasonpass is a waste of time and energy, work on the atv flash for 5.2

Thank you very much

And do not forget to support bluetooth keyboards and AirPlay sound to Airport// video to TV in Media player

Thanks James. Can’t wait to upgrade although I fret doing the jailbreak, I always seem to get problems and then have the issue with all my metadata that I’ve spent hours correcting. Overall though, the gain is greater than the pain!

Would this update mean we can take advantage of moving the icons around on the main screen?

Yes, icons can be moved around on Apple TV 5.1 and later. However, this is limited to shuffling icons in the lower rows only. I.E. You can’t move something like Netflix, Hulu or Couch Surfer to the top row.

because sn0wbreeze is Windows only

Hi James,

This is Tony from Macmedia Studios / Pimp Yo iPhone. 8)

I have been swamped for the past few weeks since you were so kind to send me a Review Subscription to your software to Jailbreak my ATV2. i am so happy you wanted to be partners with us and i will monitor the progress on your new build. I will be sending you a email after i post this to ask a couple questions.

MacMedia Studios is here for you. If there is anything you need help with let me know. I have some Celebrities lined up to do a few Endorsements of our Partners Products Etc. You are one of our top Partners, so you will get a Celeb Endosrsement of them saying they use Seas0nPass from FireCore.

Please call me if you need anything. I was going to do the Review on Seas0nPass last week, however i keep getting boxes full of other review products. I literally just installed Seas0nPass and icefilms last week. i’ll wait to see for a week if you guys come out with an update. I email you now. 

Thank you so much for your 1 Click Jailbreak Solution for the ATV 1 & 2. I know you guys can get the ATV3 going soon!

Tony Berry
MacMedia Studios 

Thanks a bunch for all the hard work everyone has been putting into the update for apple tv 5.2 and all versions in the past. Great work  and thanks again.

Thanks for the update.  And WHO CARES if Plex doesn’t get updated.  Who wants to run a media server from their comp when Flash Black’s Media Player lets you add Time Capsule shares to view anytime?  Flash Black is the only reason I haven’t swapped my ATV for a Roku!

Thanks James, keep up the good work!