Seas0nPass & Apple TV 5.2

Re: Seas0nPass & Apple TV 5.2

Thank you James for this update on the matter and the good work!

Thanks for the update James. And for all the hard work you're putting in.

Thanks James from a lifetimer. BTW my update issue was finally solved. I completely removed Nito and XBMC, rebooted, was able to run updates for Maintenance and Media player .Reinstalled Nito, is still a bit funky and shows xbmc installed as as Eden not Frodo; reinstalled Xbmc Frodo... is working pretty well for the things I use most. Reinstalled Frodo via ssh.

Hello,

Is there any ETA for atv flash entire solution on ATV2 5.2 (jailbroken) ?

sn0wbreeze-v2.9.8 injects NitoTV. You can use NitoTV to install all the Firecore appliances if you like. Maintenance does not work at the moment, but since you can install manually it makes no difference,

The issue at the moment is XBMC. The current version will not install properly on this version of iOS. This is the same issue XBMC had when the 5.X version of iOS was released. It took them a week or two to get that resolved. XBMC is working on a newer version which is not yet completed. So whether Firecore updates ATV Flash or not, there is not a working version of XBMC. I am sure once the XBMC version is made available then ATV Flash will be updated as well.

FYI: Bluetooth keyboard is native to the iOS so it will function in XBMC as it does on a PC or Mac.

james's picture
Staff
MightyJew wrote:

sn0wbreeze-v2.9.8 injects NitoTV. You can use NitoTV to install all the Firecore appliances if you like. Maintenance does not work at the moment, but since you can install manually it makes no difference,

The issue at the moment is XBMC. The current version will not install properly on this version of iOS. This is the same issue XBMC had when the 5.X version of iOS was released. It took them a week or two to get that resolved. XBMC is working on a newer version which is not yet completed. So whether Firecore updates ATV Flash or not, there is not a working version of XBMC. I am sure once the XBMC version is made available then ATV Flash will be updated as well.

FYI: Bluetooth keyboard is native to the iOS so it will function in XBMC as it does on a PC or Mac.

FYI, FireCore apps cannot be installed via nitoTV. An update will be required before anything useful can be installed on the 5.2 version.

James
Have an idea for Infuse? Tell us.

Hi James -

I've always donated in the past to the team that worked to successfully jailbreak iOS devices (in this instance, I've again donated to the evasi0n team). But given the work that's required to bring the jailbreak into the Apple TV via Seas0nPass, I've begun to wonder if perhaps I should also make a small donation to the Seas0nPass team, as I've always enjoyed my jailbroken (and more valuable!) ATVs, beyond just aTV Flash.

To get some better perspective before I donate, how many individuals are working on the Seas0nPass jailbreak, or does it primarily fall upon your shoulders?

Regards.

I'm sure Firecore is not waiting for XBMC to be updated to release an update to Seas0nPass or ATV Flash Black. Honestly, I find XBMC slow to respond, and prefer the Media Player experience way more.

Thanks James for keeping us informed and up to date on whats going on.

robert.fleming wrote:

I'm sure Firecore is not waiting for XBMC to be updated to release an update to Seas0nPass or ATV Flash Black. Honestly, I find XBMC slow to respond, and prefer the Media Player experience way more.

Thanks James for keeping us informed and up to date on whats going on.

One flaw to your comment, atv Flash black installs the maintenance appliance. within that app is the xbmc install. without the xbmc install an update is worthless to 90% of it's customers.

Nonetheless, 5.0.2 is still being signed and there is no reason to upgrade to 5.2 yet anyways. XBMC will be the same either way.

MightyJew wrote:

One flaw to your comment, atv Flash black installs the maintenance appliance. within that app is the xbmc install. without the xbmc install an update is worthless to 90% of it's customers.

Nonetheless, 5.0.2 is still being signed and there is no reason to upgrade to 5.2 yet anyways. XBMC will be the same either way.

you can still install media player via nitotv in the 5.2 sn0wbreeze jailbreak. I have already done so and everything is good to go except xbmc. I installed media player, couch surfer, last.fm, plex and others. just go into nitotv and search M, find media player and install. it's that easy. Repeat for all other installs, just search first letter, nito crashes if more than one character is searched.

© 2014 FireCore, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Terms | Privacy