Seas0nPass & Apple TV 5.2

Re: Seas0nPass & Apple TV 5.2
MightyJew wrote:

you can still install media player via nitotv in the 5.2 sn0wbreeze jailbreak. I have already done so and everything is good to go except xbmc. I installed media player, couch surfer, last.fm, plex and others. just go into nitotv and search M, find media player and install. it's that easy. Repeat for all other installs, just search first letter, nito crashes if more than one character is searched.

That's not working for me. Any letter I type in I get all the same results, all of them maybe? I don't see media player listed at all anywhere. Any app I do try to install just goes through the process and says, "0 upgrades, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove, and 0 not upgraded."

Hi guys i've got an apple tv 5.2, and obviousely there isn't a seas0npass jailbreak/ atv flash update for this quite yet. My friend updated his firmware to 5.2 Is there a way i can downgrade back to 5.0.2??

any help would be great! thanks

Krownroyal03 wrote:

Hi guys i've got an apple tv 5.2, and obviousely there isn't a seas0npass jailbreak/ atv flash update for this quite yet. My friend updated his firmware to 5.2 Is there a way i can downgrade back to 5.0.2??

any help would be great! thanks

yes. apple is still signing 5.0.2 so you can just run the SP jailbreak and you are good to go

robby wrote:

propizza, you are a douche bag

Blow me

MightyJew wrote:

yes. apple is still signing 5.0.2 so you can just run the SP jailbreak and you are good to go

That's what I tried, and error kept popping up
1604 if I remember correctly

Krownroyal03 wrote:

That's what I tried, and error kept popping up
1604 if I remember correctly

There's a 30 pages post with detailed instructions. Hint: Breaking news: Apple...

james wrote:

Hey all, we're hard at work on an updated version of Seas0nPass that takes advantage of the
Update 2/12: We've got aTV Flash (black) and Seas0nPass pretty much ready for 5.2, and are just putting on a few finishing touches. We're expecting a release within the next few days. Note: We don't have any kind of ETA for 3rd party plugins such as Plex or XBMC.

Great news! I went ahead and jail broken via snowbreeze on 5.2. I then was able to use the current version of flash black to install FC settings even though I know you're apps weren't ready yet.

My question is, when you guys do release the update will then just show up on my aTV? Or do I need to run the updated version of flash black?

james's picture
Staff
jayman16 wrote:

Great news! I went ahead and jail broken via snowbreeze on 5.2. I then was able to use the current version of flash black to install FC settings even though I know you're apps weren't ready yet.

My question is, when you guys do release the update will then just show up on my aTV? Or do I need to run the updated version of flash black?

You should be able to update right on the Apple TV, though in the past some people have had trouble installing things after using Snowbreeze.

Seas0nPass is always the recommended option. Cool

James
Have an idea for Infuse? Tell us.

James, a huge thank you to you and your team for all the work that you guys have done and are doing to keep Firecore and the Apple TV working together so beautifully. I am personally in the software game and do appreciate a number of the challenges that are involved in producing a product like Firecore's suite. Is their any chance of a bounty being created, which I might add I would gladly contribute money to, to get an ATV3 jailbreak finally created?? Surely money talks and considering their seems to be louder and louder rumours of a processor upgrade imminent for the ATV would now not be a great time to get a significant amount of money together to simply pay an individual or group of individuals to create a jailbreak for the device?? Just my thoughts and keep up the fantastic work. Oh a Spotify plug in would be cool!! ;)

Hi James,

I was very happy to read that Seas0nPass now should be able to update also aTV running version 5.2 BUT in my case it doesn't work.

I just downloaded Seas0nPass 0.8.9, downloaded aTV FW 5.2 and so on and then this message was prompt: "Sorry. :-( This device is not supported by Seas0nPass"

Then I hold down option key, selected the downloaded aTV FW and then "Unsupported Firmware! The firmware AppleTV2,1_5.2_10B144b_SP_Restore.ipsw is not ompatible with this version of Seas0nPass."

I'm using MacBookPro, Summer 2009, OS X 10.8.2, iTunes 11.0.1.

I will test the same procedure now with Win 7 and keep you up to date. If there are any log files which could help, please let me know !

© 2014 FireCore, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Terms | Privacy